Monday, November 15, 2004

"Mandate." Get it?

Maybe I'm just slow, but I had to read it a couple times before I figured out what Carville was saying.

"The only politician in America I know with a mandate is Jim McGreevey, Tim."

Puns often work better when they're heard rather than read.

Captain Ed correctly points out that had a Republican--say Karl Rove--made a crack like that, the press would crucify him.
Carville at least provides a glimpse into the hypocrisy and double standards of the mainstream media and the Democrats. If the Democrats publicly disown Carville, I'll take that back. I won't be holding my breath.
And though some think that demonstrating on national television how he has "egg on his face" by literally smashing an egg on his head shows he has a self-deprecating sense of humor, I think it shows that he is slightly unbalanced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home