Saturday, January 01, 2005

To the Cheeseheads in Exile

Cheeseheads in exile like Dan and Sal often talk about how they miss Wisconsin.

Well, at the moment you're missing a winter storm that's encasing everything in layers of ice. When it started this afternoon I ran out to put the van in the garage and pull my car into the driveway. I hit the icy street at a run and ended up flat on my back. I'll have a nice big bruise on my arm for awhile, but at least my head didn't hit the pavement too hard.

I love the way the sky looks when the weather is like this. The clouds hang low and reflect all the light from the city so that there's pinkish-orange ambient light everywhere. It's still coming down, although it's more like ice pellets rather than freezing rain. It'll probably take me quite awhile to get into my car tomorrow morning.

Just a few minutes ago my wife said "I'd really like a milkshake." And though I would typically indulge her in her cravings, tonight she's just going to have to do without.

So that's what you're missing. And in spite of the hassle that winter brings us, I would surely miss it, too.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had thunder in San Diego this weekend. That's a big deal out here!

Thanks Drew!

Dan Cummings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home