Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tommy in 2008?

I guess I was busy herding children when former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson announced he was exploring a run for the presidency in 2008. Sorry. Here's my tardy slip.

I don't know if Tommy was a good fit for Washington. When he was Sec. of Health and Human Services, he always seemed uncomfortable, and he didn't last long. But when he was Governor he wore it like a second skin.

Today I decided to poke around on the Interweb, just out of curiosity, to see if he'd set up a website. Yep. But maybe this is just the sort of thing people do about this time in the election cycle. For all I know, I have aunts and uncles and cousins setting up exploratory committees.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't stay long? He was there the full first term - far longer than most Secretaries stay in any job (Shalala was highly unusual staying two full terms).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home