Friday, November 05, 2004

It's here! It's here!

Remember when you were a kid, and you saw some really cool gizmo in the Sears catalog? And you saved up every last dime from your paper route or your lawn-mowing. And then came the day when you finally sent away for it.

And then came the long agonizing days of waiting and waiting for your package to be delivered.

Finally, one day, when you'd almost forgotten about the cool gizmo you ordered, the package arrives. If the joy you felt at that moment could be bottled and sold, you could put all the crackhouses out of business.

I felt that way today when this arrived.

Some of you know what I mean.

UPDATE: No I'm not overreacting. Listen, we spent hours peeling apples this fall to make applesauce and pies. Then someone loaned us one of these gadgets right toward the end of apple season, and it was like we'd just had our own industrial revolution.

Last night as I skipped with joy around the kitchen, my wife said "You love this apple peeler, don't you?"

"No," I said. "I love you. But I have fallen deeply in like with this apple peeler."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home