Wednesday, November 24, 2004

A short blogging break

Blogging will likely be light to non-existent for the next few days while we spend Thanksgiving up north with my family. They have only a dial-up connection on an old computer, and I don't want to tire the poor thing out. I also want to spend quality time with my family, perhaps get in some serious card-playing, and do some editing on a couple books that have been circling my desk in a holding pattern for the last month (which makes it a working vacation).

While I'm in the area, I hope to get a local perspective on the killings that took place up there last Sunday. There has been much concern in the local media about a possible backlash against the Hmong community and Hmong hunters in particular, and I wonder what I'll hear among family and friends--many of whom are deer hunters themselves.

Jiblog reports on rumors that this wasn't the first time Vang was discovered trespassing on that property, and that's one aspect to the story that I hadn't yet heard. It's probably just rumor, and there were many rumors going around in early reports that have now been demonstrated to be false. But that's one thing I'm going to see if I can confirm.

But mostly I'm going to try to just enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday and show off Lid's new walking abilities to family members. (Hopefully the bumps and bruises she's acquired as a result of becoming vertical won't be noticed.)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home