Sunday, December 12, 2004

Happy 1st Birthday, Lid

On December 9th last year, we went to the hospital early in the morning for a scheduled induction. Lid did not emerge until the evening of the 11th, and as you can imagine we got to know the hospital quite well during the interim (and all the nurses, too).

I was going to write about how having a child changed me, but instead I think I'll write about how I've changed her. Oh yes, I've changed her many times. Our little "sugar 'n' spice pooping device." On the occasion of her very first poop, the nurse just handed me a diaper and said "Go for it." No easing into it, just sink or swim. I'd known that I was going to have to do this, but it had always remained in the realm of theory. And then without warning theory became reality. Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Yesterday was Lid's first birthday. I can't believe our little offspring is already a year old. She's growing up fast. Not only is she walking, she's running. She has even been known to sleep through the night on occasion. It is rumored that she has slept as late as 7:00 a.m. some mornings, but these occurences are so rare as to be almost mythical.

Even so I wouldn't trade her for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home