Sunday, January 16, 2005

Weekend TV

Doug says the new "Battlestar Galactica" series on the Sci Fi Channel is "Veeeeery good. Gritty. Well-written. Artistically and cinematically it is really great sci-fi." I guess I'll find out. I recorded it, but haven't had the chance to see it yet. I did enjoy the four-hour miniseries that was done last year, and so I expect to like the series as well.

Though I enjoyed the original series, it has some painful 70s moments that have not stood up well to the test of time. (The less said about "Galactica 1980" the better.)

Doug says, "If you dig sci-fi, this is a must see. If you don't, watch a dog show or something."

Oddly enough, we did watch a dog show last night. Part of one anyway. I think it was on the Discovery Channel. We witnessed the part of the competition that featured the "toy" breeds, and laughed ourselves silly at what passes for "dog" these days. I was rooting for the one that looked like a fright wig wearing a smile. Haven't a clue what it was, but it was the happiest dog in the bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home