Saturday, December 04, 2004

You call this a boycott?

C'mon, people! Aren't we supposed to be punishing CBS for Rathergate? It's not working. CBS won across the board in the November Sweeps, pulling in not only the old-timers but young people, too.
With one night still to be counted in the 28-day period used to set future ad rates, CBS will win the November sweeps with an average of 14.3 million viewers and a huge 3.6 million advantage over NBC. And it has a much smaller but still secure lead for the crown among the advertiser-coveted young-adult audience. . . .

CBS chairman Leslie Moonves told reporters the network is "on the doorstep of a watershed moment" that he never considered a remote possibility when he joined the network in 1995. "I'm not changing my song," he said in an interview, "but it's nice to win across the board for the first time in 25 years.


Hey, it's not our fault. Yes, we're still watching Survivor (though it's a bit boring this season) but we're not monitored, so I don't feel at all guilty.

And speaking of boycotts that aren't working,

Target Corp. (TGT) and J.C. Penney Co. (JCP) rang up solid sales for November amid the kickoff of the holiday shopping season, while Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) and Federated Department Stores Inc. (FD) reported disappointing sales.

Okay, that one might be my fault. What little Christmas shopping I've done so far, I've done at Target.

Sorry, I just don't like Wal-Mart. It offends my sense of aesthetics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home