Saturday, March 12, 2005

Heebie Jeebies

I'm completely freaked out by this.

The Actroid robot, developed by Kokoro and Advanced Media, will greet guests at the information booth of Japan’s World Expo opening March 25 in Aichi. She understands 40,000 phrases in each of four languages and has nuanced facial expressions to match the more than 2,000 types of answers she can give. She’s even imbued with a sense of irony; when asked if she is a robot, she answers disconnectedly and with clumsy movements — followed by a “just kidding!” before reverting to smooth humanoid motions.

Some people probably think of it as a precursor to Commander Data. I can't stop envisioning it as a precursor to the Terminator.

(Hat tip: What Attitude Problem?)

5 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger NYCGuy12 said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Cold Sore site/blog. It pretty much covers Cold Sore related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this download music sean paul site, it's pretty awesome too!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Green Day Music Download Guru said...

Hi, your blog is great. If you have time please visit my green day music download blog. Its a blog about green day music download.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Marketing man said...

Hello, My name is Don you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a make money web site
site. It pretty much covers make money web site
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger jon said...

We are trying to find good turner classic movie to take the kids this weekend. Good turner classic movie reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home