Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Little pink houses . . .

I am gradually getting used to the idea that offspring #2 will be an infant of the female persuasion (assuming that the ultrasound technician is correct). Though I will be quite outnumbered, I've begun to notice a few fringe benefits.

For example, we have a two-bedroom house. Though we intend to eventually create a third bedroom in our finished basement, the two girls should be able to share a bedroom for quite some time. And of course, we already have all the girl-clothes we'll need, assuming little Augusta, Miriam, Chloe, Cora, whatshername will accept hand-me-downs for many years before the teen fashion police beam their mind control waves at her unprotected head.

Having one girl child in the house has already resulted in an abundance of pink. With two, we'll easily reach some sort of "pink critical mass." I am not looking forward to it.

But last night I discovered something very interesting while doing laundry. Other people separate their whites; I was able to do an entire load of wash consisting of nothing but pink clothes.



This never happened to me when I was Single Guy.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi Drew! Congrats to you and your wife!!!!!!

Pink laundry is only bad if you accidently toss your own stuff in with it. I mean, what guy wants to walk around in pink underwear? LOL!

Drop by my blog and say hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home